Elysia - (1)
M'Chek - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Total players: 7
Gallery

Links Menu

trouble downloading hak pak files

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

trouble downloading hak pak files

PostAuthor: Nali » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:14 am

I am having trouble downloading the hak pak files for Avlis.
my computer said that some of the files may be corrupt. i have tried to go to the sites suggested and i could not find all of the files to download.

I also need to know where to extract the .rar files and the .itp files.

where can i go to get the downloads for avlis?
I am superfluous by nature and i have a superlative understanding of the english vernacular.

Nali

PostAuthor: Themicles » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:21 am

Try these mirrors:
http://www.epignosis.info/download.php
http://195.169.215.21/cgi-bin/avlis.py

All .hak files go in your NWN\hak directory.
Don't download the dialog.tlk, this will interfere with HotU. There will be a non-overriding version of the tlk file as soon as BioWare fixes an issue where multiplayer games wont read user tlks.

-Themicles
A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future.

And some wise words from a wise man. :P
Orleron wrote:You have to excuse Themi. Tact, diplomacy, and softness are not his best traits, but he does not mean anything by his writing. He's a nice guy. You just get used to it after a while because he doesn't seem to learn. :)
Themicles
CoPaP Ambassador

PostAuthor: Guest » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:43 pm

ok......i am confused now, I have been to all of these sites to find all of the hak files needed for Avlis.
I have placed everything i found in the "NWN hak folder"
I can't find the "copaphak2_0.hak or Universalhak_2_5.hak".
how ever I have found "copaphak2_0.rar and Universalhak_2_5.rar"
what is the diference? and where can i find the file with the extention .hak? will some one please send me those two files?

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:ok......i am confused now, I have been to all of these sites to find all of the hak files needed for Avlis.
I have placed everything i found in the "NWN hak folder"
I can't find the "copaphak2_0.hak or Universalhak_2_5.hak".
how ever I have found "copaphak2_0.rar and Universalhak_2_5.rar"
what is the diference? and where can i find the file with the extention .hak? will some one please send me those two files?

Youve found them then, download those two files and then using winrar (a decompression/compression program similar to winzip) uncompress them into your NWN/hak directory. you will then be good to go
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Sindol » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:51 pm

Yeah, the rar files are the right ones. They're only made smaller in size, to facilitate downloading. With winrar you can inflate them to the right format again.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Guest » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:45 pm

I opened the files with Winrar and I got an alert that said those two files were corrupt.
hal anyone else had this problem?
thank you all for your help, i appreciate it.

PostAuthor: HarveyH » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:47 pm

Which site did you get the files from?
HarveyH
Scholar

corrupt hak

PostAuthor: craigmac » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:28 pm

I downloaded the required haks twice from the Avlis download page, and upon attempting to extract the big one (universal hak, I think?) WINrar told me they were corrupt and refused to finish the extraction. Any assistance appreciated.

craigmac

Re: corrupt hak

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:32 pm

craigmac wrote:I downloaded the required haks twice from the Avlis download page, and upon attempting to extract the big one (universal hak, I think?) WINrar told me they were corrupt and refused to finish the extraction. Any assistance appreciated.

What is probably happening is that the download is not completing properly because of internet drop-outs and this results in the .rar file being corrupted. I get this too when loading from the Avlis site.

Try one of the mirror sites. Try downloading only a few files at a time. Check for errors on your download tool during the download process.

If you have access to another computer with a faster internet connection, try that and them copy the files to CD.
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

hak pak issues

PostAuthor: Craigmac » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:40 pm

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home; I'm using a very fast connection but that Universal hak is 22 megs and still takes 20 minutes to download.

Can you recommend a good download utility? The ones I've tried in the past have often been more trouble than they were worth.

Craigmac

PostAuthor: HarveyH » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:44 pm

Try here:

http://195.169.215.21/cgi-bin/avlis.py

It's HTTP download, you'll only need your browser.
HarveyH
Scholar

PostAuthor: Sindol » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:47 pm

Depending on which part of the world you're in I can recommend either of the mirror sites. I'm in europe so I usually use the one by HarveyH. I get 800kb/sec from it on a good day (most days are good days). 8)

One small note on that mirror: that's an HTTP server, not FTP. You can just use your browser to download from it though.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team