Total players: 2
Gallery
  • Forge of DruEl
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Brayon
    Uploaded: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:23 am

Links Menu

One shot adventures

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

One shot adventures

PostAuthor: jadeia » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:15 am

OK.

You all know that DM's often run one-shot adventures. That is, an off the wall, on the fly, made up scenario, going with the flow adventure. We log on, see a group RP'ing, and go from there. My question, to the players, is:

1) What kind of adventure would you prefer, and

2) What kind of rewards are you looking for.

3) What difficulty do you enjoy (Easy, Moderate, Hard, Extreme)

Tell me what YOU want as a PLAYER. I want to know what YOU find fun. I know you will RP well in what ever I throw at you, because I only DM for the RP'ers, so I want to know what YOU as a PLAYER find enjoyable, and would like as a reward (xp, certain type of item, fame, fortune, not dying :) , group action, group rp, suspense, mystery, "hunt the dragon", etc).

By difficulty I mean, easy is what is says. Kill a few skeletons, find a certain item, kill the boss, etc etc.

Difficult means the spawns will be challenging, and without team work, or with unlucky rolls, you will most likely near death, or die. I want to know what you all WANT as players. Then I shall provide.

Cheers.
jadeia
Elder Sage

Re: One shot adventures

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:50 am

jadeia wrote:1) What kind of adventure would you prefer, and

Tell me what YOU want as a PLAYER. I want to know what YOU find fun. I know you will RP well in what ever I throw at you, because I only DM for the RP'ers, so I want to know what YOU as a PLAYER find enjoyable, and would like as a reward (xp, certain type of item, fame, fortune, not dying :) , group action, group rp, suspense, mystery, "hunt the dragon", etc).

1. Variety is the spice of life----a bit of combat, problem solving skills, RP with the group, character development----All are ingredients that go into a 3-4 hour single session. Keep it mixed up. Some might be heavy on the combat, some might be puzzle sovling. There are only so many original plot "types".

2. Rewards: Primary concern I think is keep it IC for the quest, secondary concern is to give items that would be IC for the people invovled on the quest, when possible---i.e. don't drop a +3 heavy flail when no one in the group uses one unless they just cleared out the Uber dwarf merc leader. If you aren't limited by the previous concerns, just giving a player something useful for their class, AC is useful for nearly every class, +2/+3 to primary stat for a class.

Gold rewards are interesting as well, seeing how some chars make guild easily and others barely break even, not sure what others may think of this. For the long term players, this could be the worst reward: after all, they have everything that gold buys, except keeping up on potions/kits/arrows. For more recent players, this might be the bump that gets them a house and if worse comes to worse, they at least replace any supplies spent during the quest. Just a thought, I personally would prefer an item.

3. Difficulty: Its too hard to discern whether a character is monkeying around because its IC for them to do so or because the player doesn't understand teamwork or cooperation. I prefer like I've seen many of you do already: spawn in waves, weaker into harder stuff.

Vergilius
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: CuRoi » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:55 am

Ooh, ooh... "Hunt the dragon"!

Oh wait... my vote doesn't count.

Disregard.
CuRoi
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Gairus » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:05 am

Ditto Verg - good mix > "original" story. He missed humour though ;)

Only been on one "adventure", my memory was thus:
The squishy person went down a few times, we came close losing once... but we didn't. So... moderate difficuty? The risk of death/losing XP was fun, certainty of same would have been frustrating.

By golly would gold be a satisfying reward - Money feels frustrating on a Lawful character when your other character is a thief.

On the non custom front - Surely other wizards would love to get weak staves? It's like a symbol of wizardiness that walking sticks can't match :D
Last edited by Gairus on Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gairus

PostAuthor: kombinat » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:08 am

You asked for it ;) My comments on one-offs... note my comments for longer adventures would be different.

1) Something with twists in it.. present something as one thing only to have it turn out to be something else. Something that suits the alignment (and if possible, personalities) of the characters. My evil char had an evil quest: hunt down and kill an orc leader! With only one other person on the server, and an evil one at that, that was memorable as we got to RP bloodthirsty evil villains.
Small scale. Up to 4 ppl max.
Short duration: 1-2 hours max. Many players can't stay through a 6 hr session.
And the players don't always have to win! If they mess up somehow, the consequences should be felt. That's not always getting killed.. sometimes you need to protect someone, and you're not able to. Then their family come after you.. and the adventure takes another twist.

2) Ph4t l3wt! ;) Just kidding. An item to remember the quest by, preferably an item with "personality" as Wrath posted in the other thread... not "personalised", but something unusual that you're not likely to find elsewhere. The elven equipment on sale in Le'Or? A little weak (e.g. Bastard Sword 5% DC 14 daze... in 2 days of running around chopping things up with it, it dazed exactly one troll), but it has personality.. up that to 20% and you're looking at a winner. Not just weapons though.. boots, gloves, jewellery, an interesting cloak.. things that enable the players: Someone suggested the DMs give out the HotU dyes as rewards, so the players can dye their own armour/helmet.. excellent idea.
The reward should fit the deed, naturally, and feels best when it does. So sometimes it's gold, for knocking off a mercenary group to steal their cargo... sometimes its a sword, which you stole from under the noses of the goblins who wanted it.. sometimes its experience, when you successfully shove that bastard into his Hole for good.
My only request on the loot front.. please don't give the same item of lower or same enchantment that the character already has, without something to make it stand out. That feels like a disappointment, not a reward, like being given a +1 rapier when you use a +2 rapier. I'm not saying give something better.. just give something different to what the character already has. Yes, there's a risk they have something the same secreted away in a chest, that's the risk for hoarding stuff.

3) Hard. I'm not a masochist, and having something thrown at me that is way beyond me without a chance to work around it by using smarts isn't fun... might as well use the DM-Kill function and save time. On the other hand, if you've a varied-level party, the high levels will stomp on most things quickly, and if they don't the low levels get creamed. I like something that is a preplanned challenge... you know what a lvl X character of class Y/Z should be capable of given the gear they have, so throw something at them that should be challenging. If we don't handle it due to bad tactics or bad luck, too bad. Sometimes you're taken by surprise, or you roll a 1 and the Hold Person spell puts you out of commission for the fight.. them's the breaks. Give a bit of warning as to what the challenge will be, so the players have 5 minutes to prepare... then don't let them rest until it's over, or there is an appropriate lull. No sneaking off to get a rest in. The quest to hunt down the orc leader was tough... the two of us had to run away and hide at one point because we were out of spells and nearly dead. The DM stopped the orcs from chasing us, so we could use our Cure Light Wounds potions... but when the other sorceror tried resting, he get a jab in the bum and was up on his feet, he wasn't being allowed to rest. We had to keep going... so that's when we turned to the traps in my bag, and ended up luring the orcs over the traps. Being pushed to the edge and having to find more of a solution than 3 empowered firebrands is fun, falling onto resources you didn't know about, getting help from unexpected quarters, using up the scrolls you've had for 3 months but never needed...
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

kombinat

DM Avatar: Senath

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:44 am

1.I'd like to see some more lighthearted quests as well. Maybe some Romeo and Juliet-esque plot between two noble houses in Mikona where the characters get caught up in the feud involving maybe some killing of a new guards of the houses.

2.Can't say much about rewards since they can vary heavily depending on the situation but maybe some low-magic but not typically found everywhere items not like the amulets of natural armor, typical weapon +1/2...etc

3.I usually enjoy something that is going to give a challenging fight or requires some good thinking skills as well. Although over time I am starting to lean more towards quests where you have to use your head more than your blade.
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:44 am

Blarg. Double post of evil
Last edited by Sarmanos on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: sinn » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:56 am

jadeia wrote:OK.

You all know that DM's often run one-shot adventures. That is, an off the wall, on the fly, made up scenario, going with the flow adventure. We log on, see a group RP'ing, and go from there. My question, to the players, is:

By difficulty I mean, easy is what is says. Kill a few skeletons, find a certain item, kill the boss, etc etc.

Difficult means the spawns will be challenging, and without team work, or with unlucky rolls, you will most likely near death, or die. I want to know what you all WANT as players. Then I shall provide.

Cheers.

hmmm gonna make this short

1) I enjoy quests that make people RP and make people work together as a team.. if possible let the charaters try to talk to monsters at times... and if there is a rogue in the group..TRAPS!! IF there is a fighter in the group MONSTERS THAT ARE HARD TO HIT WITH SPELLS, if there is a mage in the group MONSTERS THAT CAN ONLY BE KILLED BY SPELLS..etc... that way the party has to work together

2) rewards? gold, items, and XP are great.... how about some alignment changes as well if a paladin does some overly good thing give him a few points in GOOD, if a rogue turns in a theif to the city guard.. give him some points in LAWFUL (alignment changes are hard to pass out.. I know from past experiences, BUT they do make people pay attention to RPing there charater and not just doing what ever they THINK the DM wants them todo) and if you pass out XP for RPing more than just completeing the quest... if said CE rogue works together with a LE monk to turn in a criminal to the city... the LE monk should get more XP than the CE rogue....just my opinion :) IF said LG paladin stops other fellow LG paladin from killing an theif that said he would turn himself in the one that spared his life should get more XP than the one trying to kill him... once again, just my opinion... oh and if said NE fighter helps save people from a burning building then turns down the reward of gold..well cut his little XP cookie in half :)

3) all quests are good easy/med/hard/impossible ... but the reward should match the quest difficultly
you can run all your life, but not go anywhere.
sinn
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Fuzz » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:08 am

Only gonna reply to 1, since the others have been addressed:

Need more humor. Off the wall, whacko quests can be fun every once in a while... too many Avlis people are too gripped in a serious RP stint, they can't really lighten up and joke around. Sure, for some chars that would totally not be IC, but then you can just RP it as such. Either way, RL is serious enough for most people, hence a little escapism seems in order. :wink:

Also, all DM quests need more cowbell...
<Sili> I've seen septic tanks with less shit in them than Fuzz.

<Ronnin> damm not even a kiss??
<Chasmania> Kiss Fuzz? I'd rather fellate a goat.

<Chasmania> there are many roads to Rome..they just picked a shit filled alley full of scabby hookers and bums.

The shape of things to come...
Fuzz
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:01 am

Fuzz wrote:Only gonna reply to 1, since the others have been addressed:

Need more humor. Off the wall, whacko quests can be fun every once in a while... too many Avlis people are too gripped in a serious RP stint, they can't really lighten up and joke around. Sure, for some chars that would totally not be IC, but then you can just RP it as such. Either way, RL is serious enough for most people, hence a little escapism seems in order. :wink:

*raises hand* I'm one of the too serious types most of the time. Sometimes, while I may want a good long serious quest, what I could really use is a good laugh. Thanks to two very insightful people for mentioning "humor".

Vergilius

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: keikobad » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:31 am

The kind that keeps me busy. Talking, thinking, fighting, whatever. Give PCs something to do during the lulls. Sometimes it's hard to know if the quest is going to continue immediately or another day. Getting hints, or even seeing a DM-possessed commoner make comments lets players know it's still happening.

Having something to do. Anything extra you want to throw in is fine.

Incremental. Test the group and see how far it can go.
keikobad
Sage

PostAuthor: jadeia » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:38 am

*takes notes*

Keep it comin' folks.
jadeia
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:52 am

Fuzz wrote:Only gonna reply to 1, since the others have been addressed:

This is Deider's area of expertise :)

I'll never forget the time I had to try to fix the interplanar portal gnomish contraption with several pairs of quality underpants. ;) :lol:
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:55 am

for one-shots ? Give me mood things, let me run errands, or do something social, or a murder mystery.

Janur is hanging out at The Canvas mostly at the moment, so anything that will liven up his work day, or makes the stay for the customers more interesting will be appreciated.

Please, no combat...

If something more happens than Janur standing at the entrance, looking bored, that's reward enough :-) The occasional XP cookie is a bonus.

Whatever comes along. Difficulty ratings without combat are a bit tricky anyway.
JollyOrc
QA Resource

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Tahni » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:32 am

1) What kind of adventure would you prefer.............

something for all levels to enjoy. This aint a winge at high level chars, but most of the plots have been large epics ( the Gentlemen, Mistress, The Lich) so something which us lowbies can also part take... yea I know Tahni usually rushes in to any DM love in, but getting twated straight off can get a bit boring.... Hala last weekend a classic example, there is only so muching dying, resurrection to die instantly again a player can take. Can the big evils turn up with some lower hench men so groups can split, uber PCs off to defeat the big nasty whilst the lowbies hack into some lower minions.

2) What kind of rewards are you looking for......................

well besides the obvious of uber gear :D Something that is unquie, even if it is completely useless. Something for you to look back on and say "Oh yea I got that fighting xxxx"
Nothing's forgotten, nothing is EVER forgotten
Tahni
Sage

Timezone: GMT+0

PostAuthor: Heronimous Fox » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:33 am

Dito Jolly

and investigation

Research new recipes from crafting rather than just releasing them....

so new recipes only introduced when someones figured something out (doesnt have to be all but some)....

i know this has been done before with Narins cure but why not for say 'Zvibbliopops patent dire breaver prodder'. A couple of these a week will keep the AKN and AAAA members happy, make them role play more and maybe work together :shock: .

Also the whys and backgrounds of things....

figuring out the history behind plots thru research, finding the right NPC to question

Can I ask why there aren't libraries in Elysia and Le'Or?

An example may be 'who the hell are the family living at the bottom of the underdark'. Never figured that one out.

Politics - theres enough NPC stuff going on, I know some PC's been involved but extending that more may be fun, sort of.

Another example may be to find where all these mercenaries 'fly in' from.

*ching* 2p

Rewards

Personalisation of gear......say Deek has a set of boots he always wears......they become more and more personalised if the lazy bugger ever gets off his ass to do something and helps in a quest......say the hide bonus goes up by 2.......or his charisma increases because his reputation has improved (like thats ever gonna happen).
Use Gnome Machine Time, support your local gnome
Unoffical supporter of the unoffical sponsor of Nirika
Manuel the White wrote: Just do a search for "you are going to die motherfucker" and you'll probably find it.

Player of: Heronimous Fox - politician and diplomat; Nia D'Joon - knitter and midwife; Zavnuk - Dubunat pastry chef and racontuer 'Flambes a speciality'; Deek Kurandas - "I taught everything Zach nose", seeker of Mistys secret passage and best friend of Krack Hamster
Heronimous Fox
Bronze Contributor

PostAuthor: Tahni » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:55 am

Heronimous Fox wrote:Can I ask why there aren't libraries in Elysia and Le'Or?

Don't put them in yet, Tahni has noticed this and as a "Student of Vorin" wants to build one, if she can ever get the cash together. :D
Nothing's forgotten, nothing is EVER forgotten
Tahni
Sage

Timezone: GMT+0

PostAuthor: Fenodyree » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:13 am

1) What kind of adventure would you prefer?

Short ones. I get to play on Thursday evenings for about 3-4 hours maximum in a given week. If a DM happens to kick off an adventure which lasts 3 hours exactly when I log in then that's as good as I'm gonna get. The chances are minimal that the timing will work out though. So adventures of 1-2 hours will suit lots more players.

Also, I very much think adventures should be aimed at groups of similar level characters. Not easy to do perhaps, unless the people are already grouped up in that manner, but being DMs I'm sure you can come up with something - even if you log onto a server, see 3 characters of 4th-6th level and send them each a tell asking if they want to be involved in a little adventure. Okay, so it's OOC sending them such a tell but it would provide for much better adventures if the characters were all about the same level, I think.

Finally, keep the party numbers down. PnP D&D works with 4-5 characters best (IMHO) and groups on Avlis seem to work about the same. I like adventuring in a group of 3 or 4 characters - more than that and there's less chance for RP and inter party chat.

2) What kind of rewards are you looking for?

Absolutely none. I just enjoy the chance to play a little DMed adventure. That is what D&D is all about for me.

3) What difficulty do you enjoy (Easy, Moderate, Hard, Extreme)?

Something in the middle I guess, but for me, verging towards Hard.
Fenodyree Squabnose of Deglos .
Fenodyree
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: White-Raven » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:01 pm

1) What kind of adventure would you prefer

I like the smaller (3-6 people), with a little more stories and tactic/thinking. NPC groups that get more life, act more intelligent. Might drop clues or be forced to reveal more information that make you change your other plans and look further into something. Could be intelligence that get hands on information about a certain ?thing?, suggest you to take a patrol and look into it deeper. If it leads to nothing, no encounters, doesn?t matter, just that you have a reason go somewhere you normally don't. A report back must be done; from this report the story might go a little longer depending on the matter and how it is done.

All of above is written with army related things in mind.

Depends, gold and gems are always welcomed. A few alignments pts up or down depending what?s been done. If you raises some npcs, or heal others, I would like to get good pts back. Equipment that people in party have use of, arrows/bolts, potions, scrolls and wands are nice too.

Prefer a mixed difficulty of Moderate/Hard towards the more difficult part depending on party and their team skill. I also like where the party is forced to retreat, and take decision if abandon or try something else. Sabotage the groups made plans, interrupt their rests and weaken the party over time, tear on it before the final sort of, make them use the wands, potions, scrolls etc that most of us always have in the bags, but seldom use.

White-Raven
Elder Sage

Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: KinX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:05 pm

Here's an idea:

Since Avlis is a religious heavy world, how come we don't see more tests of faith? Or even tests of basic knowledge of the God they supposedly follow.

I know for some of my alt characters, i had a look through the lists of gods, choose one and put it on the Deity field and that's about all i know about the God and his religion.

How about more moral tests? you know: Drop your weapons or the commoners die, i've studied the fireball spell and i've got an itchy trigger finger, TRY ME!

Try and get a PC to convert DM-controlled NPC's.

Little mini-quests where brute strength and magical firepower will do more harm than good.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

This statement is false
KinX
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT +1

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:12 pm

Try and get a PC to convert DM-controlled NPC's.

I've had oppotunity to do this once on Hala. Great fun. Got a convert too who promised to do a pilgrimage to Avlis. :D
Tangleroot
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:29 pm

Kinds of Adventure:
Open for all

Difficulty:
Gradually increasing, dislike safe or die spells cast at me, specialy if they are safe or be in deathplane (= automatic lvl*50 XP loss in events)

Rewards:
Flavour items, usefull items, usefull hand me downs (remember ending up with 4 greataxes +1 and 5 greatswords +1... no one in the group use them, and they were bulky to carry along, too. Thus they ended up dumped at a bioware merchant.)

Defenitely would like to see more aligment point awards. Loosing Law or Good points is extremely easy due to a msihap. Regaining such.. well, you can either donate ata church to go law, or hand out fish for good... but aligment changes as reaction to actions taken and behavior portrait in an event happened excatly twice in my time playing avlis. Once by a party members actions (why do I suddenly move 10 pts to good? I didn't raise the commoner) and once by my own actions..

Starslayer_D
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:22 pm

Frankly, anything the DM dreams up would be fine with me, but since you want feedback, things that give the characters a chance to interact or make a decision, even a little decision, are always more fun. One shots where the solution, and the opposition, are obvious are fun, but it's more fun if one can toss in even a small element of strategy, or a decision the group has to agree upon. In other words, mystery/suspense, monster killing, intrigue, group rp, or even souped up FedEx quests, these things are all fun...they are just more fun if there happens to be at least one important decision the PC's have to make during them.

jadeia wrote:

For me, there is no reward quite as good as experience points, but I am not picky. XP, items, gold, or just the opportunity to participate sounds good enough.

jadeia wrote:

All difficulties are good, variety is the spice of life here, but I had an experience once in PnP where we had so many Extreme difficulty adventures in a row, that our characters got so jaded that they became fatalistic and very, very cynical. The DM realized this and toned things down a bit for a while to give our characters time to feel "human" again.
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
Malathyre
Sage

PostAuthor: Ziopoth » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:51 pm

jadeia wrote:

Personally anything will do, but I would like to see less hack n' slash type things. Some more intrigue or even playing a practical joke on someone. In my PnP group I'd always try to have at least one aspect that was off the wall and unexpected. Granted after playing with the same group for 15+ years, it starts to get a bit difficult! Some ideas, a snipe hunt. Trying to get the significant others preseant to the house/party without getting caught, but that person suspect cheating :twisted: A scavenger hunt. Now this could make things real interesting, reguire things from all over avlis, some of which only high levels could get and other that could be easily obtained by newbs, like the Elysian writ of entry quest. The groups scatter across Avlis trying to get everything to one point first.

jadeia wrote:2) What kind of rewards are you looking for.

Honestly what ever is appropriate to the type of quest involved. I don't think anyone will complain about XP cookies, but something unique or different can be fun as well.

jadeia wrote:3) What difficulty do you enjoy (Easy, Moderate, Hard, Extreme)

This is a tough one. All of the above really. It depends on what is involved and maybe it should escalate as it progress. The end result is having fun. If I have fun I really don't care! :D

Ziopoth
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Alex Noble » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:43 pm

I know from when I DM PnP this can be tuff, when you want to keep the the time down to about 2 hours. For this the go get X, go kill X, take X to Y, or protect X from Y. Seam to fit best for a short adventures and are easy to make up on the fly. When you get more than 2 hours for something that people were not planning for you end up seeing people having to leave in the middle. :( If you are shooting for 3-4 hours then you can be a little more creative with a plot twist. ie NPC A wants the party to "recover" item X from the Dragon. But when the party gets there the Dragon "Claims" it was his in the first place and he had just taken back his proptery.

Also for something quick the good old bandit, undead, or lizard attack on the city is alway good. i.e. DM checks out the elf gate and there is a good group standing there talking. an elf runs in from the wilderness and says X is coming to attack. Then either lead the group into the wilderness or bring X there. I know that few groups would turn this down.

XP is always good, If its something that was very hard, then something that helps with the equipmet the character has. Other than that the harder to find things, or stuff that can not be bought. Different low level magic items are always fun to find.

The only part bad about the alignment shifts is that it happens to the whole party. If that is what you want to happen then fine, but I know I dislike when a party member does something and it shifts my alignment. And they could be clear on the other side of the server or in the death plane.

Moderate to Hard. Or better start Moderate and get Hard. I do this in most of my games. I throw something at the party that I think should be a good challange and see how they do, and adjust from there. If the battle they just fought kicked thier butt, and was a near thing then either tone it down, or give them the idea that it gets tuffer from here. Let them RP going to look for more help, or maybe its something that they can not handle. If they know that its going to get tuffer, and still want to go forward, and this maybe IC for them then :twisted: .

I still smile when I think of when I was teaching my son and his friends to play PnP. I gave them some chatacters to play and sent them off to explore. They found a foul smelling cave and went to take a look, after a few twists and turns they come to a big chamber with a Red Dragon sound asleep on his horde. A couple wanted to leave but the party desided that they could sneak in and just take a bit of the horde. I already had some extra characters for them to play if they did that. :twisted: And it even went over well they learned and laughed with a couple of "I told you so's" thrown in for good measure.

And man there are some good Idea's in this post. I think I will print it off got a PnP game to host in a week or two.
Alex Noble
Retired Headmaster of the AKN
If anyone rembers EDGE High Champion of EDGE
Defender of Deglos (should still have this title)

OR

Frin Reyna
Mage of the Red Order of the Flame
Alex Noble
Apprentice Scholar

Location: Michigan GMT -4 or -5 depending on daylight savings

Next

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team