Server Totals
Deglos - (2)
Mikona - (1)
M'Chek - (1)
Underdark - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

the gods and clerics and druids

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Aloro » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:50 pm

Druids can theoretically be any alignment, once the restriction is lifted. Previously, and by default, druids ALL had to be Neutral (NG/TN/CN/LN/NE).

Soon druids will have to pick a God and match that God's alignment (or at least be close, on a temporary basis). Since there are a limited number of Gods that allow druids, and druids have to match those Gods' alignments, this means that there will be a finite possible number of alignments for druids. So while in theory a druid could be any alignment in Avlis, in actuality they have to match the alignment of one of the deities that produce druids. In a sense we're just exchanging one sort of alignment limitation for another.

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
User avatar
Aloro
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 12810
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:11 am
Location: Rainbow's End

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:13 pm

Does that mean there will be at least one Lawful god that allows druids? Else the monk-druid naturalist will never be possible.

M.
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.


Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
User avatar
Khaelindra
Contributor
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 3:02 pm
Location: Almere, the Netherlands(GMT+1, GMT+2 in summer)
Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: choraldances » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:32 pm

Khaelindra wrote:Does that mean there will be at least one Lawful god that allows druids? Else the monk-druid naturalist will never be possible.

M.


Right now, there isn't.

If there is one in Orl's notes, he'll add it soon.

But if not, then these do not exist on Avlis :)
User avatar
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 13707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:36 pm
Location: Stuck in what feels like Arborea GMT -7

PostAuthor: Aloro » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:42 pm

It's possible that there are and will remain some alignments that aren't open to druids, depending, as choral said, on Orl's development plans for deities. But remember, druids have always had alignment restrictions - we've just changed and broadened them out a lot in Avlis, not completely removed them. So if it's never going to be possible to be a LN druid, well, remember that outside of Avlis it's never been possible to be a CG druid, either.

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
User avatar
Aloro
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 12810
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:11 am
Location: Rainbow's End

PostAuthor: sly_1 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:48 am

Aloro wrote:It's possible that there are and will remain some alignments that aren't open to druids, depending, as choral said, on Orl's development plans for deities. But remember, druids have always had alignment restrictions - we've just changed and broadened them out a lot in Avlis, not completely removed them. So if it's never going to be possible to be a LN druid, well, remember that outside of Avlis it's never been possible to be a CG druid, either.

- Aloro


Could a Druid of Dagath be LN? The diety description says Dagath is cool with all alignments, and that the order of rebirth is largely neutral, so couldn't LN (only 1 step away from true neutral) work?

Just curious.
I have the strength of a bear that has the strength of TWO bears!

sly_1
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:21 am

PostAuthor: storminj » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:59 pm

I cannot find the link on a quick search but there was a post by Orleron that said while clerics of Dagath could have differant alignments Dagath only produced True Neutral Druids.
Captain Friday Alibar of The Good Ship Clandestine
Privateer Extraordinaire of Privateer Enterprises
Sales Representative of FeatherFinger Trading
South Avlis Trade Federation (SATF) Member

"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." Celia OOTS 278
User avatar
storminj
Sage
 
Posts: 2401
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Houston Texas (GMT -5)

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]