M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 8
Gallery

Links Menu

Are some character journals public knowledge?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Are some character journals public knowledge?

PostAuthor: spacemonkey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm wondering if my character would be able to find the content of any of the character journals. I think I read somewhere that some are meant to be public and some aren't?

One example is Magus Be'letane's research notes (viewtopic.php?f=159&t=131370&hilit=lilliana). The first two entries contain the text of published books, those I will find in person, but the other ones contain information my character would love to be able to read.

Another is Magus Aiken's (viewtopic.php?f=159&t=130772&start=25&hilit=cryomancy).

I'll await an official answer, but would it be appropriate to send a PM to the player in question and ask whether the contents of the journals could be found in a specialized library or rare book reading room?

Thank you.

spacemonkey
Squire of Babble

Re: Are some character journals public knowledge?

PostAuthor: Micah » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am

The official answer is: "All Journals can be considered IC knowledge"

The secret handshake answer is: Use your best discretion. Very few people play it the "official" way all (or even most) of the time. PMing the players would be an excellent courtesy, and they'll like hearing people are into their journals.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

Re: Are some character journals public knowledge?

PostAuthor: spacemonkey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Thank you for the prompt response and for the advice; I'll write to the appropriate authors.

spacemonkey
Squire of Babble

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team