M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Total players: 10
Gallery

Links Menu

Why don't my cleric spells work?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Why don't my cleric spells work?

PostAuthor: Micah » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:55 am

I thought this would be the quickest way to get everybody to see this

The Avlis panetheon does not permit divine casters from casting spells 4th level and above unless they worship an Avlis deity. See chart: Chart

This has not been functioning properly, most of us thought it was. The only reason we stumbled on the bug was we were reviewing adding possibilities for northmen shaman using Tyedu spirits and realized anybody could be cheesing anything they want.

Just the other day, we fixed the bug and closed the exploit.

If you are a divine caster and suddenly lost your ability to cast lvl 4+, it is because you do not have an Avlis approved deity in your deity field. If you should, you can fix that by converting through an appropriate NPC, a PC with a symbol, or a DM. Ask other players if you do not know where to look, go light on the FOIG to get this sorted for yourself.

If you are not, such as an off-world cleric with a non-Avlis deity, this is how things were supposed to be originally. I know this can be an inconvenience, but the limit being absent was the mistake.

If for some reason you have a deity in that chart in your field and it is not working, try "converting" and then let me know just in case fixing this bug uncovers another.

Thanks all!

(Edit: linked to proper chart)
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team