Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery

Links Menu

Cybering Clarification

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Cybering Clarification

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:34 am

Hi Team,

I just needed a rules clarification. I've always avoided cybering cause that wasn't my thing, I feel like there's better avenues for that than corrupting the Avlis vision. But with it being pretty popular, I figure what the hell, maybe I might try getting in on the action! The only issue is I was thinking of some pretty disturbing 50 Shades of Grey times 50 activities. Now what I'm thinking of would be behind closed doors, but we're talking some pretty dark stuff! Like if a DM wandered in they might quit in disgust.

I just wanted to make sure the rule below isn't in force anymore because I've heard some conflicting things. I've added some red emphasis on the part i'm concerned with.

Thanks!

Nighthawk4 wrote:What is Cybering?

This is the Roleplaying of a sexual content between consenting adults

Any sort of sexual content involving a minor will get you Banned instantly - as will any sexual activity involving duress or force of any kind.

However, it is not actually against the rules for your Player Character to Roleplay sexual activity with another Player Character - as long as both of them consent to such activity.

Unfortunately, there have been many occasions when such activity has been Roleplayed in public areas, where other Players are able to witness this. Although all Players on Avlis are - or at least should be - adults, many people prefer not to take part in or witness this level of Roleplay.

Therefore, please have the courtesy of taking your sexual activity to a Player House or an Inn Room - where others are unlikely to witness the activity unexpectedly.

A friendly kiss and cuddle are fine - but anything more detailed or more extreme should be carried out in private please. Otherwise, you may find that your tryst is disturbed by a large group of outraged Nwalmers or the like. :twisted:
Sunscream
Master Sage

Timezone: GMT-4

Re: Cybering Clarification

PostAuthor: Micah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 am

Sunscream, after 14? years here, much or most of it on the team, you're both experienced enough and adult enough to write the team in private regarding concerns about adult-content role play. I know you're upset about your suspension, but this is not the subject to troll over.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team