Elysia - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 11
Gallery

Links Menu

Holy Artifact Question

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Holy Artifact Question

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 am

Hi, I was having a debate with some others over whether this was real or not. Could you guys talk about the "one" cockring of Gorethar, or is that information find out in game?

Thanks.
Sunscream
Master Sage

Timezone: GMT-4

Re: Holy Artifact Question

PostAuthor: LadyAwesome » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am

No it is not real. It was my event.
Pia - The Miette Hartley Ribbon for Exceptional Disregard of Allies 2014
LadyAwesome
Major DM, RPotY 2014
Major DM, RPotY 2014

Timezone: GMT +13
DM Avatar: Qinoxitl

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 am

Thanks, I win that bet!
Sunscream
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Grunt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:48 am

I remember this event! It was mid-December of last year. I was there for most of the trudge to Mt. Smokes and the ending, but got the lead-up from Fellock:

Fellock: So we trudge aaaaall th' way back ta Zvidureth, an' finally, they tell us, tha' th' Ring o' Gortinybeardgrits, it used ta be a relic o' holy power, but now it a horrible, corrupted thing, an' it need ta be destroyed.
Fellock: An' th' only way ta destroy it...is ta throw it inta Mt. Smokes fer some reason.
Tor Varson: They speak of how it became Corrupted?
Fellock: It were, uh...misused.
Fellock: See, uh, this ring...it, um...
Tor Varson: How does one misude a ..ring?
Fellock: It had a name.
Fellock: ...Gorethar's Cockring o' Mighty Power.
Tor Varson: aye?
Fellock: ...Apparatently, someone stuck it in a horse.

...So was Fellock way off base in his re-telling of the story, or was the story told to him actually untrue? Also, in the Gute/Pleth event that was the last part of Fellock's apology to Gorethar, the ring was apparently talking to him and putting out dirty thoughts that he kept yelling at it for.

Fellock: [Party] A fekkin'...annoying, ring! Tha' all th' bloody pervs in th' world, livin' n' dead, wanna get their grubby 'lil hands on!
Fellock: [Party] What? *to the ring* No, Annihilator's don't have...how would tha' even work, anyways!? ...No, jus' cause lizards do, don't mean those double swords work as...shut up, ya stupid ring!
Ronan Ceril: [Party] .....perhaps it's only perverted because it's in your hands, Fellock

Fellock: [Party] I gots a rod...
Fellock: [Party] Shut up. *to ring*

Fellock: [Party] THis ring won't stop talkin' ta me...
Fellock: [Party] Especially once th' snow started showin' up.
Thienna Relimion: [Party] Oh really?
Fellock: [Party] ...It says so many horrible things 'bout snow...

(or as told later)
Fellock: Every word, every gesture, every look, eevrything...it jus'...it jus' made it all nasty.
Fellock: No, more like, stick me on someone so I can stick it to someone.
Tor Varson: Hmmm
Fellock: Tha' sorta thing but...way, way worse.
Tor Varson: so was a ring with a point on it?
Fellock: An' it jus' kept gettin' worse th' whole way there. We trudge up th' mountains, an' th' whole way, we attacked by really super pervy gnomes.
Fellock: An' we get closer, an' we get attacked by super pervy bears.
Tor Varson: pervy..bjarnr?
Fellock: When we finally reach somewhere covered in snow, th' ring freakin' jus'...
Fellock: ...It loses it's mind. It's jus' makin' every sticky white reference it can...think of an'...I feel like I need to wash meself jus' thinkin' 'bout it.

It wasn't long before the gnome "Frollum" finally stole it from him at the top of Mount Smokes. During the struggle that ensued, Frollum slipped on a grease slick from a spell, and fell into the lava, destroying the ring as well.

Follow-up Question: Are cockrings of mighty power a COPAP banned item? Asking for Tor Varson a friend.

Fellock: [Party] Goodbye, an' good riddance, Gorethar's Cockring o' Mighty Power!

:flucht:
FletcherWiki

*Stepping out of a portal*
Nawen Amakiir: there he is.. *smirks* someone had to make an entrance
Fletcher Millstone: MILLSTONE! *arms held high*
Lilliana Be'letane: You're the worst, Fletcher.
Grunt
CCC
CCC

Timezone: I AM A TIME LORD

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 am

Hmm
Sunscream
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Fellock Dust Talon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:06 am

The ring is both real, and not real. It only exists in the special, extremely silly sub-reality that Fellock exists on, and thus it becomes real when you're in proximity to him, but then ceases to be real when he leaves. I am completely, 100% sure this is possibly accurate.
Fellock Dust Talon
Roleplayer of the Year 2016

PostAuthor: Grunt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:11 am

Fellock Dust Talon wrote:The ring is both real, and not real. It only exists in the special, extremely silly sub-reality that Fellock exists on, and thus it becomes real when you're in proximity to him, but then ceases to be real when he leaves. I am completely, 100% sure this is possibly accurate.

Follow-up Question to the Follow-up Question: Can we carry Fellock to the volcano Happy Fun Place on Mt. Smoke?
FletcherWiki

*Stepping out of a portal*
Nawen Amakiir: there he is.. *smirks* someone had to make an entrance
Fletcher Millstone: MILLSTONE! *arms held high*
Lilliana Be'letane: You're the worst, Fletcher.
Grunt
CCC
CCC

Timezone: I AM A TIME LORD

PostAuthor: Micah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

Grunt wrote:
Fellock Dust Talon wrote:The ring is both real, and not real. It only exists in the special, extremely silly sub-reality that Fellock exists on, and thus it becomes real when you're in proximity to him, but then ceases to be real when he leaves. I am completely, 100% sure this is possibly accurate.

Follow-up Question to the Follow-up Question: Can we carry Fellock to the volcano Happy Fun Place on Mt. Smoke?

Official Answer: 1) Yes and bring batter for original recipe. 2) If you promise him cupcakes he might even jump in out of the goodness of his heart. 3) Invite me I love KFC (KFK?). 4) If you want to continue this there are places better than AtT to do so. Player quotes comes to mind.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

PostAuthor: Xaila » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 am

Grunt wrote:
Fellock: [Party] A fekkin'...annoying, ring! Tha' all th' bloody pervs in th' world, livin' n' dead, wanna get their grubby 'lil hands on!
Fellock: [Party] What? *to the ring* No, Annihilator's don't have...how would tha' even work, anyways!? ...No, jus' cause lizards do, don't mean those double swords work as...shut up, ya stupid ring!
Ronan Ceril: [Party] .....perhaps it's only perverted because it's in your hands, Fellock

Follow up question - do shaahesk and kobolds have hemipenes like most real-world males of the order Squamata, or do they reproduce by cloacal contact like most birds? This is important for holy cockring design or lack thereof.
We're all burning out, fading away
Like the passing light of day...

Player of:
Solveig Tcharov - Friendly Fire Award '11, Skywalker Award '11
Ambrose Longstreet
Maliha
Xaila
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: EST (-5/-4 summer)

PostAuthor: Micah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am

lol FOIG

I'm going to close this thread up on the 24th.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

PostAuthor: Demonlady » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 am

I have to say that the sheer fount of descriptive narrative that Fellock comes up with and his player makes up is one of the things I really enjoy about Avlis. :D
Many kudos.

And it's amazing what can happen to something that happened in an event as well.
Some things try to lead a whole new life afterwards *grins*
"If I had been a cat, curiosity would have killed me a long time ago".

Visit the H.E.A.L. website on: http://heal.ry-ky.com/index.php
Demonlady
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Plethora » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 am

Demonlady wrote:I have to say that the sheer fount of descriptive narrative that Fellock comes up with and his player makes up is one of the things I really enjoy about Avlis. :D
Many kudos.

And it's amazing what can happen to something that happened in an event as well.
Some things try to lead a whole new life afterwards *grins*

Agreed

Yes, sometime, I do silly events and tongue in cheek things. It true, silliness happens. I also do a lot of serious and horribly scarring events, so I hope it all evens out.
That being said....

Its great to have a supportive and fun player base to work with. It is rare I log out and dont think.. well, that was fun! Even if it was silly .. or scarring
Its a shame that a small minority seems to believe everything should be serious and have little to no sense of humor.
Surely RL is serious enough, that we can relax and do something that is in the name of fun on occassion

If we would like to keep up these type of threads, in retaliation, of a good time, or a bit of ridicule,
Then I stand Guilty as charged. I am sure you wont run out of examples, so go nuts.

Game on <[8)
Well, i've heard about the fella you've been dancing with, all over the neighborhood..
...why didn't you ask me baby? Or didn't you think I could..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 am

There are many different types of players, with many different play styles and ways they like to be entertained.

Dramatic, horror, socially questionable, philosophy, combating, mystery, puzzle solving, debating, creative, performance, conquest, political, save the day, criminal, festival, researching, magey, roguish, barbarians, Holy warriors, churchy, guildy... And sometimes just a bit if silly fun once in a while.

As a team, we try and cater as best as possible to the m any various play styles and interests the playerbase and DM's like to see.

We do our very best to try and provide a rich and entertaining world for everyone to enjoy.... Player and Team alike.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team