Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Questions Related to Khanjar Kuro

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Questions Related to Khanjar Kuro

PostAuthor: Deider » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did a forums search but didn't find anything.

1. In the past 10 RL years (not sure how many in-game decades that is), has there been an increase in relations between Negaria and Khanjar Kuro? I am asking about things that would be public knowledge, that most characters would know or be able to easily find out.

2. I have always assumed that some of the Exotic weapons (in the sense that you have to take that feat to be able to use them) were originally invented in Khanjar Kuro, but this has never been explicitly stated. I am specifically thinking about such "Asian" weapons as the katana, shuriken, kukri, and kama (I know there are some CEP weapons as well, but let's forget about them for the moment). Obviously they are manufactured domestically now, both by NPCs and PCs, and can be purchased from many merchants. But in terms of their origin, is there any kind of public historical info that would, either implicitly or explicitly, lead us to believe that they originated in Khanjar Kuro?

(Should Gram be sending some research PMs to DMs if he wants to find out the history and origins of the wheelystar?)

3. Now that Orl has added some more information about Khanjar Kuro, can we make PCs who are from there, or are they still off-limits?
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

Re: Questions Related to Khanjar Kuro

PostAuthor: Deider » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:47 pm

I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Deider wrote:
1. In the past 10 RL years (not sure how many in-game decades that is), has there been an increase in relations between Negaria and Khanjar Kuro? I am asking about things that would be public knowledge, that most characters would know or be able to easily find out.

Nope.

Deider wrote:2. I have always assumed that some of the Exotic weapons (in the sense that you have to take that feat to be able to use them) were originally invented in Khanjar Kuro, but this has never been explicitly stated. I am specifically thinking about such "Asian" weapons as the katana, shuriken, kukri, and kama (I know there are some CEP weapons as well, but let's forget about them for the moment). Obviously they are manufactured domestically now, both by NPCs and PCs, and can be purchased from many merchants. But in terms of their origin, is there any kind of public historical info that would, either implicitly or explicitly, lead us to believe that they originated in Khanjar Kuro?

(Should Gram be sending some research PMs to DMs if he wants to find out the history and origins of the wheelystar?)

I pretty much assume the same thing. Though maybe a Negarian came up with the wheely star too. It's a great invention. Anyway, you're safe to say inspiration for those weapons came from there.

Deider wrote:3. Now that Orl has added some more information about Khanjar Kuro, can we make PCs who are from there, or are they still off-limits?

At this point in time the rule hasn't changed.
Sunscream
Master Sage

Timezone: GMT-4

PostAuthor: Deider » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks!! :D
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team