Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Paladin Mounts

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Paladin Mounts

PostAuthor: Lance Goodman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Quick question on the Paladin mounts. It looks like there's no specific benefit to the paladin in regards to the horse (no speed increase, etc.). Are certain perks now associated with the PC's ride skill, or is the mount purely a cosmetic thing? I'm fine with it either way, but if the ride skill isn't useful, I'd prefer not to put a bunch of points into it.

Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lance Goodman
Scholar of Fools

Re: Paladin Mounts

PostAuthor: Shardthepious » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 pm

The paladin mount is only for the show afaik.

As for the ride skill, you will need a point if you want to get the mounted archery feat. But honestly, who would waste a feat for that? (If anyone took it, don't say it as i'll point and laugh)

If there is any mechanic behind the ride skill, i am not aware of. ( i know there was suppose to be but i don't think it been implemented, i may be wrong)
Shardthepious
Sage

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Dagath

Re: Paladin Mounts

PostAuthor: Stormhammer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 pm

The last paladin I knew who took the Mounted Combat feat said that it worked, giving extra ac based on ride checks, but I cannot speak from personal experience.

But behind the ride skill itself, sans feats, I can't think of a useful ig mechanic outside of a rare event roll.
Stormhammer
Team Member; Retired with Honors

DM Avatar: DraNar

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team