M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Total players: 10
Gallery

Links Menu

Troubles Leveling Up

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Troubles Leveling Up

PostAuthor: Shadottie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 am

Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right place for this, so forgive me!

It was a week or so ago now when my character was able to level up again, but it wouldn't really... work, I guess? I'd get the notification to level up, I'd do what I needed to do, and when it was all said and done, it wouldn't process. I'd get a notification to either drop an item, or log out and log back in. I'd try dropping something, and it worked! But when I tried picking that item back up, my level went back down. Logging in and out didn't help either. It didn't really work until the 4-5th time of trying. I don't mind having to do this if there's things being worked on, but I just wanted to let someone know since everyone I've talked to is ... weirded out by it. ;w;

Thanks!
Characters: Nenia De'juun, Ar'kurk Yiraurkraurk, Lowell, Dimehn Twarsharren
Shadottie
Squire of Babble

Timezone: MST

Re: Troubles Leveling Up

PostAuthor: PlasmaJohn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 am

Hi,

The behavior you're seeing is some code put in place to prevent people from banking skill points and (I think) feats. It will allow one left over skill point. If you have more than one left over, the prevention code removes enough xp to drop the level you just took and gives it back. To avoid having that happen, make sure you use all of your skill points (put the extra in cross-class skills if you can't put any more into class skills).

Sometimes the engine doesn't realize that you can retake the level. Dropping an item and picking it back up helps it realize this.

PJ
Calvin: This is so cool!
Hobbes: This is so stupid.
PlasmaJohn
Team Member; Retired with Honors; Has a Tom Selleck Stache

Timezone: US/Eastern

Re: Troubles Leveling Up

PostAuthor: Shadottie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Ohhh! I see.

Yeah, the time where it did actually work, I used all the skill points provided. I failed realize that I got so many per level up, but I'll remember that from now on! Thank you!
Characters: Nenia De'juun, Ar'kurk Yiraurkraurk, Lowell, Dimehn Twarsharren
Shadottie
Squire of Babble

Timezone: MST

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team