Total players: 11
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Links Menu

Avlis policy on: Muling

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Avlis policy on: Muling

PostAuthor: Grunt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm

1. It is NOT against the rules for one of your characters to buy or sell at a p-merchant which belongs to another of your characters.

However, such deals must take place genuinely as if your character was the same as any other customer. You give or receive no special treatment as a result of the merchant belonging to your other character - as your characters cannot know each other. Therefore, the merchant is a complete stranger and owes you no favours.

vs.

Third party muling can be done through:
* Your own P-merchant
* P-merchants of guilds/groups your characters belong to
* Selling an item to an unrelated P-Merchant/biomerchant then immediately purchasing with your alt.
* Using another PC to pass items.

Crafting and Muling
Your character should not possess an item where an alt was involved in the production of that item.
Your character should never possess an item with the name of an alt character on it.

How can this be valid, while 3rd party muling using your p-merchant is disallowed (and crafted items are also disallowed)? The two seem to stand in direct contradiction of each other.
Grunt
CCC
CCC

Timezone: I AM A TIME LORD

Re: Avlis policy on: Muling

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I would assume that means something like, you could buy/sell things to this P-merch, say crafting ingrediants, cotton, comfrey, gems, like any other player. But if you log in with the owner of a p-merch and place that +5 vorpal sword on there for 50 gold, log out and then log in immediately with an alt and buy that sword for 50 gold would be muling.

Surely its a difficult thing to track, but I assume the team has worked that out.
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Zar'roc » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm

[quote="TripleAught"]
Crafting and Muling
Your character should not possess an item where an alt was involved in the production of that item.
Your character should never possess an item with the name of an alt character on it.[/quote]

so for example, if Shosin created a wand, and has a pmerchant on avlis, if I have an alt that goes and buys the wand for the price that everyone would pay, that would still be considered muling? Thats why I quoted this one specific part.

Thanks in advance for the clarification!
Zar'roc
Goober

Timezone: Central

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 am

"Your character should never possess an item with the name of an alt character on it." (Can't forum quote stuff here, so yay for normal ones!)
That seems pretty clear when it comes to named wands, and artificed scrolls that say who made then when you use the tool for it.

I agree with Grunt regarding NH4's old post saying alts can use another of their own PC's merchants, but for other reasons as well. That post was made 5 1/2 years ago, and even the common sense rule #0 is hard to work in with it now. My main has his own merchants, and controls a crafting guild's stores as well, and it isn't just about buying/selling at the normal prices for everyone. Using one character (with trivial effort) to stock up a shop with exactly what the other PC needs (and might have and incredibly hard time getting himself), and knowing it'll be there to buy when I switch characters, is not good. Maybe when we had a ton of active player merchants with stock (even then I'd never do it), but these days things are quite different. It is just my opinion here, but I don't think alts should be allowed to use any merchant that you have control of (the ability to alter settings or inventory in chest mode) on another of you characters.
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Plethora » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:38 am

The rules section is not a place for discussion. If you have thoughts or quieries, and are not team, please send them to TA or make new threads in Ask The Team

Thank you
Well, i've heard about the fella you've been dancing with, all over the neighborhood..
...why didn't you ask me baby? Or didn't you think I could..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team