M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Avenger

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Avenger

PostAuthor: Missian » Tue May 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Heya peeps,

just curious as I am considdering remorting and rolling up a cousin of Rye.. to become his haer.. but playing with the idea and rolling up interresting ideas for this fellow.. I came to the idea of making a fighter druid avenger.. but since Rye is a Halfling and a haer should be of same race.. is this even possible..? a Halfling Avenger that is..?

thanks in advance..!!

with regards,

Missian aka Rye Wanno
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

Re: Avenger

PostAuthor: RCon » Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Unlike Arcane Archers, Avengers have no specific race requirement.
RCon
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: rshampshire » Tue May 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Just to clarify this question though.

Halflings cannot use Longbows and a requirement of Avenger is Weapon Focus: Longbow.

It is possible for halflings to take this Feat but would the team be OK with that, given effectively it's almost cheesing an ability?

(I had the same issue with a goblin PC a while ago)
Belkar says "If in doubt, set something on fire"
http://www.youtube.com/rshampshire
http://www.myspace.com/richhampshire
rshampshire
Team Member; Retired with Honors

DM Avatar: O Ma

PostAuthor: RCon » Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

It is OK to take feats you can't use. In the past, halflings have taken Weapon Focus: Heavy Flail in order to qualify for Confounder.

Please note: a non-elf pure druid can never take Weapon Focus: Longbow, as non-elf pure druids will never be able to gain proficiency in Longbow. A third class would be necessary, and the Weapon Focus feat would need to be taken on level-up as the third class.
RCon
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Missian » Tue May 01, 2012 7:35 pm

thanks!! so I have to take the longbow feat.. not the shortbow variant..? well it's not that I would mind to "waste" a feat for it.. I have done several with Rye.. he has WW attack which is broken and combat casting.. and he only buffs spells.. well anyhow.. thanks in advance..

greetz,

Missian
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team