M'Chek - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Concerning the Spell Shapechange

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Concerning the Spell Shapechange

PostAuthor: The Dasair » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, (I've looked around and asked some people) but I was curious about the dynamics of the spell Shapechange in relation to markings on the caster's body.

Say, if a mage has either a number of scars or a crap-ton of tattoos, and they change shape via a spell, would those markings still show up on the new form? I know that the marks do appear with a changeling, because the shifting is more illusionary than anything, but with the spell, the change seems more 'complete', in that one gains abilities and resistances, as well as stat changes, etc. So I wasn't sure if that would 'cover up' these things, or if that would mean they were all still prominant / faded but visible, or something else.

I'm scared it might either be considered cheesing if something's emoted like 'this dragon has a lot of strange markings on its body' if the marks aren't supposed to show up, but also don't want to break any rules by omitting that kind of emote if they are supposed to be there.
Character: Xsaiav'lairnn Mystrif
The Grass is Greener, Avlis Irreverence Awards 2012

Schedule: Here
The Dasair
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: PST or EST

Re: Concerning the Spell Shapechange

PostAuthor: Micah » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 pm

We don't have a hard-and-fast rule on this, but default to shapechange not conferring markings/tattoos on bodies unless we are asked otherwise and grant case-by-case permission.
Micah
Lead Producer

Timezone: GMT-5
DM Avatar: Pelar

Re: Concerning the Spell Shapechange

PostAuthor: The Dasair » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Ok, cool. Thank you very much! :>
Character: Xsaiav'lairnn Mystrif
The Grass is Greener, Avlis Irreverence Awards 2012

Schedule: Here
The Dasair
Prince of Bloated Discourse