Le'Or - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 7
Gallery

Links Menu

Deity field question

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Deity field question

PostAuthor: Sunbound » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:48 am

Hello everyone. I put "O'Ma" (capital O, capital M) in my deity field when I made my character. I just went to the Temple in Elysia, but couldn't get the conversion conversation. Should it have been "O'ma"? Also, as a cleric, should I have an equipable holy symbol? Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

character name: Sorin Sunbound
GS: LeTigre23

Sunbound

Re: Deity field question

PostAuthor: Flyinhigh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 am

Are you sure you were talking to the right priest? For the conversion, it's the guy behind the door to the front right as you enter the temple (names have never been my strongpoint). The conversion will actually put the correct spelling in your diety field regardless of how you spelled it upon character creation.

As for the equipable symbol, ping a dm when you see one of us on line and we'll hook you up if we're able.
Flyinhigh
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: badjabadjabadja » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:04 am

Is this the same problem I ran into when first starting: ie if you start with the deity field filled, the conversion-NPC assumes you are already a follower and therefore won't convert you?

If so, does the advice i was given then still hold for a cleric? I was advised: wait for a DM, OR convert OOCly to a compatible god and then back again. This was fine for a Ranger of Dru'el converting briefly to O'Ma and back, but I suspect there may be alignment issues with a cleric.

Disclaimer: not TEAM and so not offering any answers here, just asking if the years old advice I was given (from a DM) is still relevant & acceptable... this is Ask the Team so I'd not try to actually answer any queries here... no no no :wink:
Micah Ormane wrote:If you want potions, stand just outside the front door of the AKN, and emote *is disguised* about ever 2 minutes or so. Then, when somebody steps outside, cast wail of the banshee. Loot. Rinse. Repeat. Now that's my kind of crafting. :twisted:

badjabadjabadja
QA Resource

Timezone: GMT (+1)

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 am

badjabadjabadja wrote:Disclaimer: not TEAM and so not offering any answers here, just asking if the years old advice I was given (from a DM) is still relevant & acceptable... this is Ask the Team so I'd not try to actually answer any queries here... no no no :wink:

I'm so glad the years have been kind to you.

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 am

If you find you need a conversion, let a DM know.

Otherwise the capitalization shouldn't matter too much.
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Sunbound » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know what was wrong, but Ptah sorted everything for me. Thanks a lot, everyone.

Sunbound

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team