Server Totals
M'Chek - (14)
Visimontium - (1)
Wilderness - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 15
Gallery

Links Menu

The next nation created should be?

Polls for Avlis homepage.

The next nation created should be?

Brekon
22
5%
Drotid
96
23%
Dubunat
13
3%
Galdos
10
2%
Jechran
27
7%
Kurathene
53
13%
Seven Cities
125
31%
Toran Sharda
17
4%
Tyedu
16
4%
Wastelands
30
7%
 
Total votes : 409

The next nation created should be?

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:59 pm

Disclaimer:
* This is just for fun and interest.
* Results may not impact actual development.
* If rash occurs, stop using immediately.
* See your doctor for complete details.
* Use as directed.

Map of the Nations
Brekon: The land of the Orcs and giants.
Drotid: Marshes of the lizardmen.
Dubunat: The southern orcish nation of farmlands.
Galdos: The northern dwarven nation.
Jechran: Rainy forests & female dominated tribes.
Kurathene: A mountainous nation of fiefdoms.
Seven Cities: Bustling Seven Cities of the western coast.
Toran Sharda: The roaming fields of the Wemics.
Tyedu: Snowy tundra of the spirit-kin.
Wastelands: Desolate, baron and near impenetrable.

Why did you choose that nation?
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
User avatar
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 7424
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:45 pm

PostAuthor: Drakuul » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:02 pm

I chose 7 Cities because it seems to be the melting pot of the continent.
Image
User avatar
Drakuul
Sage
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 3:17 pm
Location: UK, South Wales

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:04 pm

Kurathene, so I can be right.
User avatar
Sunscream
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5117
Images: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:05 am
Location: Montreal
Timezone: GMT-4

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:04 pm

We want Jechran.


Enough of these Male-Oriented Locations :lol:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P


Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Image
User avatar
Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM
 
Posts: 23994
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: The Home of the Bard of Avon
Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: maelwydd » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:14 pm

Brekon. Evil!!!
User avatar
maelwydd
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: England

PostAuthor: Slade_brimstone » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:15 pm

i went with Kurathene

sounds abit like Feudal Japan with all the differant fiefdoms vying for control of the aera ,,, but thats just what i think....

i know that with a place modeled abit after japan of the past it would make alot of use out of the Cep weapons
Currently Playering Under the login name of Ralph_The_Pervert_Moogle

Slade_brimstone
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:31 pm
Location: ohio

PostAuthor: 4x4_Ender » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:17 pm

Definatly Kuruthane.
"Many make a trade of delusions and false miracles, deceiving the stupid multitude." -Leonardo Da Vinci
User avatar
4x4_Ender
Sage
 
Posts: 1782
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:26 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN (GMT -6)

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:21 pm

isnt kurathene player built? *scratches head*

I voted for seven cities, it will give vrosh the most to burn down.
User avatar
Vroshgrak
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Corvallis Oregon
Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: Fuzz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:23 pm

... Kurathene IS the next location being built.

For after that, I would say the Seven Cities, since they are the major centers of trade, as well as the largest cities on the continent. Hell, Andarr alone is supposed to be the size of Ferrell or something like that.
<Sili> I've seen septic tanks with less shit in them than Fuzz.

<Ronnin> damm not even a kiss??
<Chasmania> Kiss Fuzz? I'd rather fellate a goat.

<Chasmania> there are many roads to Rome..they just picked a shit filled alley full of scabby hookers and bums.


The shape of things to come...
User avatar
Fuzz
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4649
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Kayvareh

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:24 pm

Kurathene is primarily plains and grasslands.(Only the eastern border with Galdos/Deglos is really mountainous)
User avatar
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM
 
Posts: 7659
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:19 am
DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Dralix » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:24 pm

Drotid, provided it includes Grantir. In case I ever want to restore my Drangonari or roll up a new one ...

Dralix
Silver Contributor
 
Posts: 4764
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: FTP

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:32 pm

Disclaimer:
* This is just for fun and interest.
* Results may not impact actual development.
* If rash occurs, stop using immediately.
* See your doctor for complete details.
* Use as directed.


Why did you choose that nation?


IMO we should rule out developing any area that cannot be reached by crossing over the border from our existing servers. Unless of course we determine that the only access would be via boat travel.

Brekon: Via Deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool and would possibly give a boost to players of Orcs..very few of those it seems.

Drotid: Via overland through T'nanshi - Deglos - or by boat
Easily accessible through 2 servers or by boat, home of an interesting race, also gives access to the Wastelands..very good location for evils to hang out.

Dubunat: Via deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool - also it has borders with three other possible servers so would give a good starting point for expansion

Galdos: Via deglos
We already have a massive nation of dwarves, it is nearly impassable as it is :) we dont need another for quite some time IMO

Jechran: Boat only
Hard to access at this point IMO - so I dont think would should do this one

Kurathene: Via Deglos - or by boat
A great server for CvC playing and opens the possibilities of real mercenary guilds...down the road anyway...hard to accesss

Seven Cities: By boat only
My prime PC is from here, so yeah I would dig having access to them, but they would be accessible through boat access only at this point, i think we should rule it out for that reason.

Toran Sharda: Overland via - Ferrell - T'nanshi - or by boat
Easily accessible through 2 servers or by boat, home of an interesting race, also finishes up the southern tip of the continent.

Tyedu: Boat only
Hard to access at this point IMO - so I dont think would should do this one

Wastelands: Via Deglos - would a boat go here?
While I would love to see this area, simply because of the vast history that went on here, there is almost no access to it...



anyway those are my thoughts.
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
User avatar
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:23 am
Location: San Diego PST >GMT-8<
Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Melindha » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:43 pm

I voted for Tyedu. Not that I think it necessarily SHOULD be the next one developed (nevermind that's what it says in the poll) but because I want to see that land the most.

Jechran comes in a close second.
User avatar
Melindha
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:49 pm
Location: So. California (GMT -7)

PostAuthor: svg » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:54 pm

Hmmm....I'm torn between Kurathene and Tyedu because my character just got a bogus knighthood from some non-existent royal family's apparent heir - which could actually mean something if Kurathene was built up someday. :lol: Yeah right...

And Tyedu because my girl's a Barbarian and would like to visit old friends there...

Hmmm....choices choices.....
User avatar
svg
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:50 am
Location: Tokyo (GMT+9)

PostAuthor: Croton » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:03 pm

I picked Drotid because it would allow for a TNanshi Drotid war instead of the current war with M'Chek.

Croton
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5950
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: (-4 GMT - Summer)

PostAuthor: Semley » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:39 pm

Drotid.

Because it's physically next to existing areas,

because the drotids are already involved in the T'Nanshi situation and this would allow expansion of that plot,

because lizard men can be just so EEEEEVIL and would be fun for PCs rather than all these good orcs, gnolls, lizards and ogres that escape to the 'nice' countries, we could have nasty people escaping to the nasty places.

because new cities (seven cities) take longer to flesh out.

Either that or Brekon. Imagine a whole server of people going around acting like orcs or lizards. Great fun.
User avatar
Semley
Silver Lifer
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: GMT

PostAuthor: Gairus » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:49 am

Drotid. (even though I know Orl put drotid down as ages away)

Evil, links up well to current activity, next to two current servers.

Has it's own internal borders and warzones with Grantir... two very distinct factions, both evil. Go Grantir go! Wheee.

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm
Location: East Australia GMT +10

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:02 am

Vichan Lyonsen wrote:Brekon: Via Deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool and would possibly give a boost to players of Orcs..very few of those it seems.

Dubunat: Via deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool - also it has borders with three other possible servers so would give a good starting point for expansion


acutally Dubunat is directly accessible from Ferrell as well. and it would be a short walk to Brekon from that point.
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 8048
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Whitehall, PA (GMT -4)

PostAuthor: _Wake_ » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:50 am

Drotid, marshes just sound plain creepy to see with the current toolset and CEP.

Racial disputes for territory seem intriguing enough to through into the mix already currently existing.
User avatar
_Wake_
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:21 am
Location: Seattle, Wa.(GMT-7)

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:55 am

Jordicus wrote:
Vichan Lyonsen wrote:Brekon: Via Deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool and would possibly give a boost to players of Orcs..very few of those it seems.

Dubunat: Via deglos - or by boat
An Orc nation would be way cool - also it has borders with three other possible servers so would give a good starting point for expansion


acutally Dubunat is directly accessible from Ferrell as well. and it would be a short walk to Brekon from that point.


Image

So this map is wrong then?
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
User avatar
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:23 am
Location: San Diego PST >GMT-8<
Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:10 am

the NW corner of Ferrell actually stretches a little more west than the map shows and just touches the edge of Dubunat..
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 8048
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Whitehall, PA (GMT -4)

PostAuthor: GreyLynx » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:45 am

DROTID!!!!

I want slaves, swamps and EVIL!

GreyLynx
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY (GMT-5)
Timezone: EDT (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Melakin Skywieder » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:05 am

Toran Sharda: Overland via - Ferrell - T'nanshi - or by boat
Easily accessible through 2 servers or by boat, home of an interesting race, also finishes up the southern tip of the continent


For this reason I voted for Toran...finishing up the bottom part mostly

Otherwise Drotid
If money it the root of all evil, I want to be a bad man!

Melakin Skywieder
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 6175
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:25 pm
Location: Over the hill

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:34 am

yes the map is wrong, theres no grantir on it....and no "portal to caesars palace" either. Where am i gonna go gamble?
User avatar
Vroshgrak
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4057
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Corvallis Oregon
Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: Sunscream » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:45 am

Vroshgrak wrote:yes the map is wrong, theres no grantir on it


Grantir is a city.
User avatar
Sunscream
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5117
Images: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:05 am
Location: Montreal
Timezone: GMT-4

Next

Return to Avlis Polls

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]