Discussion of Avlis policy on: Faking IC races/abilities aka

Rules and Guidelines

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Halrawk » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:05 am

Okay, regular elf it is.

Thanx.

Halrawk

PostAuthor: shoshin42 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:36 pm

I don't know if you've read the Avlis Player's Guide, but if you haven't, check out the half-dryad and half-nymph. Their other half is commonly elf and they may fit your concept too.
Gravity is a harsh mistress.

shoshin42
Squire of Babble

Location: Northern Illinois, USA. (GMT -5 or -6 depending on daylight savings time)

Question

PostAuthor: W Alexander » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:18 am

So I had a question on creating a custom race character. That is, I see that you have a list of non standard character options available, but could find no rules for creating such. I had wanted to play a Kobald, but could not figure out how to do so. Can someone help me with this? (such as link me to the character creation ruleset for making custom races, since I can't seem to find it)

W Alexander

PostAuthor: Snow » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:23 am

You wll find any information you might need here: http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=33218

Welcome :)

Snow
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Re: Question

PostAuthor: Moredo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:24 am

W Alexander wrote:So I had a question on creating a custom race character. That is, I see that you have a list of non standard character options available, but could find no rules for creating such. I had wanted to play a Kobald, but could not figure out how to do so. Can someone help me with this? (such as link me to the character creation ruleset for making custom races, since I can't seem to find it)

Gairus made a nice post about all that here: http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=33218

There is also information on the Wiki: http://www.avlis.org/wiki/index.php/Pg::Avlis_Custom_Races

:)

Edit: *shakes fist at Snow*
Always consider alignment as a tool, not a straitjacket that restricts the character.
— AD&D, 2nd Edition Player's Handbook
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: Masterchamber » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:27 am

Okay.. I am catching here that if the char sheet don't say it don't do it.. but I have a odd question..

I am RP'n a Fighter 6 Rogue 6 Blackguard 3 , who has a intel of 11 and wisdom of 10 or vice versa.. but here is the question.

I preach to the new faithful the meaning of the church.. No biggy begin how old my char is that could be listed as something drilled into his thick skull

But I also RP that he is insane and talks to his long gone dead friends..
BUT Other then stress ICly that is the basis of this, I have nothing that has affected his stats that would Sheet wise list him as insane or modified his intel and or wisdom. so...

Is this acceptable Cheesing or have I been doing against the rules?
Official member of the "DFL" Club.

Forever Cheesy Bastard member of the Pleth Fan club

Unworthy Member of the MadK@t Fan club
Masterchamber

PostAuthor: Thalarian Arc'Thass » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:29 pm

MasterChamber wrote:Is this acceptable Cheesing or have I been doing against the rules?

that's absolutely fine. There are many forms of insanity, many psychopaths are actually quite intelligent.
Thalarian Arc'Thass

PostAuthor: girlysprite » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:38 pm

okay here goes another question

My character is a lycan. I have had the lycan code on me several times, but due to something in the code it tends to stop working after a while (no, i havent been uncursed, no, the dieases wasnt removed by another player or myself). After having been bugging a DM for several times I kinda gave up on having the code on me, but I continue rp'ing being a lycan.
That means that I rp going through a half-transformation. Not full, to avoid confusion. I just rp that my teeth grow a bit, get a bit more hair, fight with my bare hands, bite my opponents, and act overall barbaric lycany.

Though: is that cheesing?
If so, can a DM help me...again...to get me infected again? (curses her fort save)

oh yeah and...

*gets on her knees and kneels down*
I pray for the day lycans are implemented as a race.
Gaming doesn't make people voilent, lag does

<Dimotane> I think deep down, when we're honest with ourselves... we're all a pregnant male elf.
girlysprite
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Jhevon » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:10 am

girlysprite wrote:is that cheesing? If so, can a DM help me...again...to get me infected again? (curses her fort save)

Lycanthropy in its current implementation is an "effect" not a race. RPing tranformations when not actually infected is cheesing, much in the same way as say acting super-strong after a potion of Bulls Strength has expired would be.

girlysprite wrote:*gets on her knees and kneels down*
I pray for the day lycans are implemented as a race

*joins girlysprite in prayer* Watch this space ...

:D

Jhevon
Silver Lifer

Timezone: GMT -5

Previous

Return to Rules