Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Avlis policy on: DM shopping

Rules and Guidelines

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Avlis policy on: DM shopping

PostAuthor: RCon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:11 pm

Here's one I wouldn't think the Team should have to post, but it seems we do. When a DM says No, do not go shopping for another DM hoping to get another answer.

For instance, if you ask a DM to rebuild your PC and he/she says No, do not continue to ask other DMs. If you ask for XP to be returned, and the DM says No, do not shop for another DM to say yes. Ditto for items, gold, PrC unlocks, etc.

If you have a problem with the first answer and think the Team should reconsider, send an e-mail to staff@avlis.org explaining the situation. Include the complete request, the reason for the request, the name of the DM you spoke with, and if possible, a log of the conversation.
Silver Fox: I hear they've been stepping up attacks in Elysia.
Ulu Elexin: Hah, it's interesting that they are even drafting in fairies to fight them now.
Brant Risko: *snickers* Be careful... I'll tell mister Ang that ya called him a drafted fairy.
RCon
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: TripleAught » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:34 pm

And, just to spell it out even further. Now that we have a policy on this, if you do go DM-shopping you may face consquences.
The Texas Meet 2007 wrote:Come over here and take off your pants.

The Texas Meet 2010 wrote:I can't unhear that.
TripleAught
World Leader
World Leader

PostAuthor: wolfwielder » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:02 pm

Rcon wrote:PrC unlocks

This doesnt apply to PrC's that were unlocked and noted in the thread and for some reason the person looses the PrC (DP, server crash doesnt restore, whatever the reason) or doesnt have enough to level when it is unlocked for him/her, Is this correct?
wolfwielder
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -5/-4
DM Avatar: Balgar

PostAuthor: Moredo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:09 pm

The essence of the rule is that if you hear "no" from a DM, then that is final. If you don't agree, then you should email staff@avlis.org. There is of course no rule against asking different DMs for help with something. :wink:
Always consider alignment as a tool, not a straitjacket that restricts the character.
— AD&D, 2nd Edition Player's Handbook
Moredo
CCC
CCC

Timezone: +2

PostAuthor: RCon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:12 pm

Moredo wrote:The essence of the rule is that if you hear "no" from a DM, then that is final. If you don't agree, then you should email staff@avlis.org. There is of course no rule against asking different DMs for help with something. :wink:

Correct. If your PC is bugged, and the first DM you contact doesn't have time to help, or doesn't know how to help, feel free to attempt to find another or post in the player help thread.

The point is more to avoid the following:

PC: Can I have my Class X levels removed and relevel as a Class Y? I've done a lot of RP for that and I really, really deserve it.
DM: No, that's not something we do on Avlis.

or:

PC: I lost 10 million gold in the server crash, can you restore it?
DM: No, that's not our policy on Avlis.

Then a half hour later, PC sends the same Tell to another DM, then the next day sends the same Tell to a third DM...
Silver Fox: I hear they've been stepping up attacks in Elysia.
Ulu Elexin: Hah, it's interesting that they are even drafting in fairies to fight them now.
Brant Risko: *snickers* Be careful... I'll tell mister Ang that ya called him a drafted fairy.
RCon
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

DM shopping across portals

PostAuthor: Alexandru Stanicu » Wed May 09, 2007 4:02 am

ref:http://www.blackdagger.com/viewtopic.php?t=82387

It has come to the point that we need to make a second policy on DM shopping.

If you request something that is not allowed on Avlis and are denied, and them go to another CoPaP world and ask again and get approved, you may not bring that character back to Avlis.
Examples:
1)You decide to retire your main and want to play the child of your main.
You ask and are told no on Avlis (because its against the rules), so you run to CoPaP world X, ask and are allow to do it. The second PC (the child of the first) is not allowed in Avlis.

2) You want to edit your bic so that you have a model that is not allowed or is not IC etc. You ask and are denied so you run off to CoPaP world X where they edit your bic, the character is not allowed back in Avlis.

To be clear, Characters are banned if this is done, not players.
If a player does this repeatedly, we may have to take other actions as well.

We didnt want to do this, but several incidents have forced us to.

Alexandru Stanicu
Avlis Team, Lead Producer
Alexandru Stanicu
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: CST
DM Avatar: The Hammer

Return to Rules