Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Reminder: Shout messages and server reloads

Rules and Guidelines

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Reminder: Shout messages and server reloads

PostAuthor: TheElvenKing » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:14 pm

This is just a reminder to all of you of what to do when a shout message appears about a server reload. Wrap up what you are doing, get to a safe area, save your location, finish your crafting cycle, etc. - these are all acceptable and the reason we give a 5 minute or better warning notice. If you are in a tight spot or will take longer than 5 minutes, do not be afraid to fire off a quick tell or page the DM channel for more time, that is perfectly reasonable.

Do not ignore repeated warnings about an upcoming reset and proceed to start a new round of crafting, mining, chopping wood, running off to engage the next group of spawns, etc. - it is rude as hell and a waste of our time.

A vast majority of the playerbase understands and is extremely accommodating to reload interruptions from my experience, and it is very much appreciated. This is aimed at the other 1% that for some reason or other find it convenient to ignore shout channel messages - please, stop doing it and help us out a little.

Thanks!
dougnoel wrote:Q: But...
A: No.

TheElvenKing
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Kareth » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:33 pm

This just happened when I was on Le'Or, and when I finished my crafting circle I ran for the nearest server transition. I hope this was alright. Although, as there were still others on the server I didn't feel too bad.

Kareth
Sage

Return to Rules