Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Avlis policy on: PrCs on Avlis - RDD, CoT and HS specially

Rules and Guidelines

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

Avlis policy on: PrCs on Avlis - RDD, CoT and HS specially

PostAuthor: Sindol » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:26 pm

1. Red Dragon Disciple (RDD) and Champion of Torm (CoT) prestige classes are not, should not and will not be available for taking for Avlis characters on Avlis.

- ad. RDD: Red dragons do not exist on Avlis, your native Avlis character will not be able to have the most important IC requirement: red dragon blood in his/her veins. He/she should not even know a Red Dragon exists, unless he has knowledge about other planes.
Your Avlis character should in no way be able to take this PrC, not even on other worlds, unless he/she is not a native to Avlis because of the lack of said dragon blood.
If your character is not a native to Avlis, you should have made it on another world in the first place. Characters native to Avlis that have RDD class will be deleveled by DMs.
The argument that certain spells allow you to summon or change your shape into a red dragon will no longer hold ground. Coders are all set to remove those effects from the involved spells and replace them with Avlis specific creatures.

- ad CoT: Champion of Torm can only be made by Torm or an order dedicated to Torm. Torm does also not exist on Avlis as a god, so you should head over to another world that does have the Deity Torm in its pantheon if you want to ever be able to take this PrC.

Prestige classes in general: The option to gain a prestige class on Avlis should only be available if you meet the requirements AND have done a quest to unlock the class (either scripted or by DM intervention).

If you have taken a PrC on Avlis without meeting these requirements you have intentionally or unintentionally abused a bug in the PrC disabling code. You should contact a DM to get rid of the levels, if you do so on your own you will receive your XP back.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:41 pm

no.. Harper Scouts are also a FR specific PRC. there are no Harpes in Avlis since that is a FR organization
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
Jordicus

PostAuthor: Sindol » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:32 pm

mashimaro_ wrote:What about Weapon Master? Since WMs aren't part of any organization, and have simply trained with a weapon for a long time. Would I need to complete some quest to become one?

PS: I am nowhere near being one, but might work to become one if I can

Yes, all Prestige Classes require a quest to unlock. Some of those quests are scripted, some Prestige Classes only can be accessed by a DM quest, but they all require some extra IC effort in the form of a quest.
So much fun,
- Sindol
Sindol

Re: A reminder about PrCs on Avlis: RDD & CoT specifical

PostAuthor: Comick » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:46 pm

Sindol wrote:- ad. RDD: Red dragons do not exist on Avlis, your native Avlis character will not be able to have the most important IC requirement: red dragon blood in his/her veins. He/she should not even know a Red Dragon exists, unless he has knowledge about other planes.
Your Avlis character should in no way be able to take this PrC, not even on other worlds, unless he/she is not a native to Avlis because of the lack of said dragon blood.
If your character is not a native to Avlis, you should have made it on another world in the first place. Characters native to Avlis that have RDD class will be deleveled by DMs.
The argument that certain spells allow you to summon or change your shape into a red dragon will no longer hold ground. Coders are all set to remove those effects from the involved spells and replace them with Avlis specific creatures.

What's the status about replacing Red Dragon summons by Avlis specific creatures ? A week ago RT wizards were still able to summon such a Red Dragon.

Lydia simply hates seeing Dragon pets. :twisted:
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, who knows ?

Comick
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Sindol » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:53 pm

Best way is to send a request with a character bio to our staff address (staff@avlis.org). Optimally of course the character that has PrC in development will already be noticed as such by DMs online before that.

And when we'll replace the dragon summons... I'll leave that for a coder to answer. I think it got heaped together with the other spellfixes, which are now all coming online slowly while we convert them to a spellhooking system. Dougnoel might have more info about this.
So much fun,
- Sindol
Sindol

PostAuthor: Fuzz » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:55 pm

Turin wrote:Quick question:

Is Dwarven Defender a DM-activated PrC or can you do an in-game quest for it?

DMed quest still, as far as I know.
<Sili> I've seen septic tanks with less shit in them than Fuzz.

<Ronnin> damm not even a kiss??
<Chasmania> Kiss Fuzz? I'd rather fellate a goat.

<Chasmania> there are many roads to Rome..they just picked a shit filled alley full of scabby hookers and bums.

The shape of things to come...
Fuzz
Elder Sage

Re: A reminder about PrCs on Avlis: RDD & CoT specifical

PostAuthor: dougnoel » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:32 am

Comick wrote:What's the status about replacing Red Dragon summons by Avlis specific creatures ? A week ago RT wizards were still able to summon such a Red Dragon.

It's on the list behind spellhooking and updating shapeshifter forms. Hopefully, it can be done along with updating the shapeshifter forms. I believe Aloro has been working on a replacement creature for the epic spell dragon knight.

Doug

dougnoel

PostAuthor: MNG » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:49 pm

Another quick question:

Is the WPM PrC scripted or is it a DM-quest?
-MNG

MNG

PostAuthor: Aloro » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:19 pm

MNG wrote:Another quick question:

Is the WPM PrC scripted or is it a DM-quest?

It's a DM-quest, currently.

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro

PostAuthor: Bigdaddy037 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:31 pm

If the PrC quest is scripted (in this case it is for an Archane Archer, so it is scripted), do we still need to email staff@avlis.org about our intentions?
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...

Bigdaddy037
Scholar

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:55 pm

Bigdaddy037 wrote:If the PrC quest is scripted (in this case it is for an Archane Archer, so it is scripted), do we still need to email staff@avlis.org about our intentions?

No.. I do not believe so
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

paladin abilities of detect evil

PostAuthor: the_dragonspeaker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:35 pm

is the detect evil abilitie of the paladin need to be unlock by a DM or need a special task to have it, my paladin cant use this and it could be very usefull 'cause that world have a LOT of evil character and i must know who i or not join .
the_dragonspeaker

Timezone: -5

Re: paladin abilities of detect evil

PostAuthor: Serineth Swiftpaw » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:06 pm

the_dragonspeaker wrote:is the detect evil abilitie of the paladin need to be unlock by a DM or need a special task to have it, my paladin cant use this and it could be very usefull 'cause that world have a LOT of evil character and i must know who i or not join .

You need to have a hak installed when you first create your Paladin for the ability to be avilable.
Serineth "Wildmane" Swiftpaw
Serineth Swiftpaw
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 am

This is about the RDD rule, if you come from the outlands then does that mean you could have the RDDship as they have red dragons there and if you were to play a githyanki then because of the relationship between the two could likely have some sort of droconic blood inside you.

PostAuthor: CPU » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, you can only create alternate races allowed on Avlis through the bic creator, currently in LeOr. Unless it allows you to make Githyanki there, and last I recall it doesn't, you cannot play/make that race. Even if it did, you cannot make a character on Avlis and then claim it comes from somewhere else, in order to gain the PrC in some round about fashion.

Having said that, there are still no red dragons on Avlis. Outlands is (going to be) part of Avlis. While I understand it is a "portal" world, you would need to actually come from an alternate plane / world that has Red Dragons running around in it. Outlands will not be that world. RDD still will not be allowed as a PrC.
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: szabot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Outlands will be linked to Avlis and is part of CoPaP, but I don't see how it is "part of" Avlis. It seems like, if Outland allows it, characters made in the Outlands could have draconic blood. They could then eventually travel to Avlis. I think that's the kind of situation the question was about.
szabot

Timezone: Central (GMT-5)
DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: pincushionman » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:39 pm

szabot wrote:Outlands will be linked to Avlis and is part of CoPaP, but I don't see how it is "part of" Avlis. It seems like, if Outland allows it, characters made in the Outlands could have draconic blood. They could then eventually travel to Avlis. I think that's the kind of situation the question was about.

The way I understand it, that is correct. But if that is the case, that particular aspect of this discussion should be on the Outlands boards, NOT here on the Avlis boards.
Suuhoroh . Shaahesk fighter . Journeyman armorwright, Avlis Arms and Armor Association . Corporal, M'Chek Army Blackhawk Company
Cookie (Amakiir) . Kobold chef extrordinaire - he thinks

lizard shields viewtopic.php?t=53138
timezone calc http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time_converter.aspx
AAAA recruitment viewtopic.php?t=62035
pincushionman
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: szabot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:24 pm

pincushionman wrote:
szabot wrote:Outlands will be linked to Avlis and is part of CoPaP, but I don't see how it is "part of" Avlis. It seems like, if Outland allows it, characters made in the Outlands could have draconic blood. They could then eventually travel to Avlis. I think that's the kind of situation the question was about.

The way I understand it, that is correct. But if that is the case, that particular aspect of this discussion should be on the Outlands boards, NOT here on the Avlis boards.

But the question is whether, if the above is correct, a character native to the outlands could, after coming to Avlis, gain the RDD PrC on Avlis.
szabot

Timezone: Central (GMT-5)
DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: pincushionman » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:18 pm

szabot wrote:
pincushionman wrote:

But the question is whether, if the above is correct, a character native to the outlands could, after coming to Avlis, gain the RDD PrC on Avlis.

Ahh...I get it. In that case...I would guess the answer would still be no, just because it would set a precedent. But I'll have to defer to the team.
Suuhoroh . Shaahesk fighter . Journeyman armorwright, Avlis Arms and Armor Association . Corporal, M'Chek Army Blackhawk Company
Cookie (Amakiir) . Kobold chef extrordinaire - he thinks

lizard shields viewtopic.php?t=53138
timezone calc http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time_converter.aspx
AAAA recruitment viewtopic.php?t=62035
pincushionman
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Alphonse » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:28 pm

IIRC, only classes native to Avlis will be unlocked on Avlis.

Classes that have been previously unlocked on another world, and levels already taken can be continued.
Alphonse
Master Sage

PostAuthor: CPU » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:53 am

My apologies for the confusion, Outland is not an Avlis server, my bad.

But what Alphonse said here, is correct. If another CoPaP world allows RDD, you must create the character THERE. Since there are no Red Dragons on Avlis, your character could not have been, "born" (codeword: created here), portalled to the other Server to get the RDD PRC, and portalled back. That's not allowed specifically in the RDD case. You'll need to start that character on the other CoPaP world.

If RDD PrC is allowed on another CoPaP world, and you are able to obtain the PrC on their world/plane, if you came to Avlis, then you could continue to take levels in it. It would still be unlocked and selectable when leveling up.

However, as pincushionman suggested, you should check on the proper CoPaP world's boards for further information on what PrC's are / are not allowed there.
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: Aloro » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:37 am

szabot wrote:But the question is whether, if the above is correct, a character native to the outlands could, after coming to Avlis, gain the RDD PrC on Avlis.

RDD is not available on Avlis, even for characters native to other worlds, who might have red dragon heritage therefrom. If the character came from another world, s/he should get the PrC on that world as well.

Quite simply, you cannot get these PrCs on Avlis at all, ever. :)

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro

PostAuthor: frank jones » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:22 pm

:shock: OH NO IM DOOMED beeing green as hell round here i was playing my B side toon and took a lvl of psion (wich i think counts as a presteg class)before reading this thread aperently. so now what? i lose the lvl and do some sort of quest or how dose this work and what not?.....Elysia and ferrell i call home for the most part.

frank jones

PostAuthor: Jonezie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:32 pm

frank jones wrote::shock: OH NO IM DOOMED beeing green as hell round here i was playing my B side toon and took a lvl of psion (wich i think counts as a presteg class)before reading this thread aperently. so now what? i lose the lvl and do some sort of quest or how dose this work and what not?.....Elysia and ferrell i call home for the most part.

Psion is not a prestige class, and you don't need to do a quest to unlock it. Game engine limitations mean that it can't be taken until level 2, but it is not considered to be a presitge class in any other way.
Jonezie

PostAuthor: ninja » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:50 pm

*gentle bump*

The rules still apply folks.
Interested in being an interviewee or an interviewer for a community interview, send me a PM!
Go here for your custom DM item.
"Mages are over powered" - Spool32, previous head DM, said 300 times during Austin meet.
ninja
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

Timezone: GMT -5

Return to Rules