Moderator: Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:52 pm

Damn. Naril has 43 HP at 9th :)
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

PostAuthor: Ashlynn » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:05 pm

ashzz wrote:hehe...like to see someone strong enough not to reroll..mwhahaha

*raises hand*

Me either. And you know what's embarrassing? I didn't even think of rerolling until someone here pointed it out. :oops:

Ashlynn
Scholar

PostAuthor: Actually » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:14 pm

Ashlynn wrote:I didn't even think of rerolling until someone here pointed it out. :oops:

See, that's why I love Ashlynn... Pretty AND dumb. :P

Bye Now,
Jerry Cornelius - Kneepads of PANG! resistance +5

Actually
Sage

PostAuthor: Ashlynn » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:19 pm

See that's why I love Jerry... Funny AND slow. :P

*chomp*

Bye Now,
Ashlynn - Vorpal Teeth - Snicker snack.

Ashlynn
Scholar

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:18 am

So is rerolling HP considered a no-no?
Titanium Dragon
Sage

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:44 am

Vroshgrak wrote:in the official campaign i made a mage with 6 con. And i rerolled if he got higher than a 1 on his roll. So by 20th lvl he had 24 hp! that was real fun :D hard to keep him alive at low levels. But at high levels he would buff up and cast maximized tensers transformation. what a beast! anyway back on subject.

as the team says about alot of things

"if you have to ask a question then dont do it!"

Er Vrosh, NWN allways gives at least half possible HP.. so your mage got 3-4 + CON modifier. Of course, with a con of 8 you'll get -1, as elf with 6 -2. :)

Starslayer_D
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:04 am

Er Vrosh, NWN allways gives at least half possible HP.. so your mage got 3-4 + CON modifier. Of course, with a con of 8 you'll get -1, as elf with 6 -2.

NWN always gives half possible hit die! So for instance a mage with a d4 hit die would never get a 1 or a 2 ? Wow, that really puts up the mage's average hitpoints. I thought Samuel was being a bit lucky with his rolls, in fact now that I know that, it means Samuel's average hitpoint increase is a little low - he better reroll the next few to get him back on track ;)
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Vroshgrak » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:02 pm

half the possible HD? i guess ive got an error to tell bioware.

I have rolled 1's on my HD for barbarians (then +1 for toughness, and +4 for con modifier) but thats 6. not 11.

An elfish mage with 6 con. so thats d4-2, but as you said thats d2+2 (always get at least half total Hp). so i can role and get a 3, then my mod makes it 1 hp. thus giving me 2 hp for first 3 lvls, and 1 hp for next 17. so it works out either way.
Vroshgrak
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8/-7)
DM Avatar: Hurine

PostAuthor: marauder » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:37 pm

The first 3 levels you get max hitpoints...

As for the half thing maybe it mean you cannot get below half you class hitpoints (not including bonuses). For example, you (as a fighter) cannot get below 5 hitpoints...thud if you roll a 1 and get 5 added in bonuses for a total of 6, then you are above the 5 minimum. Just guessing...
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

-Aristotle
marauder
Scholar

server time lag

PostAuthor: cmnash » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:47 pm

I've been reading through this thread and saw the posts about the one-hour shut-out when jumping between servers. I have found this info nowhere else and think it should be better publicised for newbies ...

And my own experience shows there is no such shut-out between Mikona and Deglos

cmnash

cmnash
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Angeliqua » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:26 pm

Greetings,
Just wondering how this part is handled. You see I play two characters and just recently one of my characters attained an item of great need of my other character....is it an offense for one of my characters to lets say leave the item with a third party until I can log on the other character?
I mean wouldn't it be just like your character giving out to me let's say a Dwarven War axe of 2nd enchantment because you took a shine to me or ?
Bela Be'lyn
Support Maiden of Dre'Ana's Warrior Maidens
Sorceress of the Ivory Order of the Sun

Sala Te'dweth: Bela! You hit me!

Bela Be'lyn: *looks down* I know...sorry.

Angeliqua
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Silk » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:13 pm

Angeliqua wrote:Greetings,
Just wondering how this part is handled. You see I play two characters and just recently one of my characters attained an item of great need of my other character....is it an offense for one of my characters to lets say leave the item with a third party until I can log on the other character?
I mean wouldn't it be just like your character giving out to me let's say a Dwarven War axe of 2nd enchantment because you took a shine to me or ?

This would be meta-gaming. Meta-gaming will definately at least get you on the watchlist.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Pharmeacopia1 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:56 am

Kind of along the same lines as that. What if my main character gets a house. Then i start a alt. If they both know the same person and are close friends would it work that they be able to get a key from the owner to live in that house also. It would cut down on all the houses that pop up and then do not get used as much. Or say the house has an extra room, say for rent?

Pharmeacopia1

PostAuthor: Silk » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:46 pm

Any association one character of yours has with another character of yours (whether it be direct or indirect) is metagaming.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: TheElvenKing » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:04 pm

Pharmeacopia1 wrote:Kind of along the same lines as that. What if my main character gets a house. Then i start a alt. If they both know the same person and are close friends would it work that they be able to get a key from the owner to live in that house also. It would cut down on all the houses that pop up and then do not get used as much. Or say the house has an extra room, say for rent?

I think the problem is one of separation; no matter how good a person's intentions, the temptation and possibility of favouring your own characters in dealings between them is going to override giving another PC a chance 99% of the time.

The list of problems of 'sharing', whether it be accomodations, selling/trading equipment or simply IC information, between various alts is pretty large; the most serious being muling and abusing IC information in an OOC way.
dougnoel wrote:Q: But...
A: No.

TheElvenKing
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Previous

Return to Rules